Getting other people to follow your lead can seem like a daunting task, but in reality its all about psychology. If youre seen as an authority in your topic, and you are committed and consistent about getting a particular result, youll be able to influence all types of people to follow your lead.
* Be Committed Your passion about your niche shows through your actions. If you are willing to stick with people and listen to them, you can come up with solutions based on their problems and concerns and therefore be able to prove that commitment.
* Be Consistent Dont say one thing and do another; always be consistent in your words and actions. There is a saying, actions speak louder than words that is so important when you want other people to follow you. When people see that you walk your talk, theyll follow you anywhere.
* Give Back Always be a giver if you want to be able to persuade people. Most people are naturally repulsed by takers, but they love givers. If you can show how much of a giver you are in some tangible way, your audience will follow you anyplace.
* Collaborate When you come to any type of issue, make people feel as if theyre part of the process by asking for their input. Collaboration is the key to having people trust you and follow you.
* Provide Social Proof When other people give you compliments and testimonies that state your expertise, it will help people who dont know you yet trust you faster. You can do this via social media networks or in the form of testimonials on your website.
* Build Authority There are many ways you can build authority including writing a book, blogging, posting on LinkedIn, and doing interviews. You can also host webinars using Google Hangouts or Blab.im.
* Increase Your Likability Be a positive person who stands by their convictions and does what they say theyll do. When you do that, more people will like you and trust you. That will make it more likely that theyll follow your lead.
* Set a Time Limit When you want people to do something, the worst thing you can do is give them unlimited time to get it done. Always set a time limit for everything you want other people to do. It doesnt matter what it is; limit the amount of people who can participate and set a time limit.
When you have proof that you know what youre talking about, followers who will sing your praises, plus you are simply a likable person, youll get people to do what you want more than not. If you want people to follow your lead, be someone that people can be sure of and be proud of following.
Need help with online marketing? Click here for more information on the products and services we can offer you!