A lot of people think that the only businesses that use virtual assistants are online businesses, but this is not true. Local small bricks and mortar businesses can use online help too. In fact, local businesses need online help more than ever. Here are eight reasons why.
1. Social Media Marketing – All businesses need to be marketing online today. Most people search online using their smartphones before going shopping offline. In fact, online searching informs more than 80 percent of offline purchases.
2. Content Development / Writing – Offline businesses need to market online, and one of the best ways to market online is content marketing. Blog posts, white papers, and other types of educational information can be created and put on the website for consumers by a contractor who works virtually.
3. Bookkeeping – Yes, you can hire a bookkeeper who works virtually. It’s not hard to do with all the online tools now available. What’s more, if you hire someone who is certified, they’ll be able to do the books easily no matter where they live.
4. Searching for Leads – Most offline businesses still need leads, like real estate agents, doctors, lawyers, insurance sales people and so forth. A contractor can conduct lead searches using various tools of the trade (like landing pages and email list building) to gather a healthy list of potential leads for any type of business.
5. Making Phone Calls – Whether it’s cold calling, warm calling, or general phone answering, the technology exists today to hire someone virtually to do that for you. If you want to start a business answering phones, you can spend about 300 dollars or less on the software and be in business within the week.
6. Website Help – You’d be shocked at how much some local businesses pay for websites: in the tens of thousands of dollars in some cases. That’s a huge market you can tap into if you know what to do. You can start with simply sending out letters, flyers, or cold calling on businesses. You can even hire a sales person to sell websites for a percentage of sales.
7. Calendar Management – If you have a schedule-centric business, you can easily outsource all your calendar management to someone online. If you are a virtual assistant wanting to add a service, this can be an amazing addition.
8. Email Management – Everyone today uses email for communications, customer service issues and more. It can get out of control for any business owner. Outsourcing someone else to manage the email can ensure that a lot of time is saved wading through spam and checking that nothing important is missed.
The great thing about hiring online help for the offline business is the ability to expand and contract as needs increase. For example if this week you need more help, you pay for more help, but if you don’t need more next week you don’t have to pay for it. You pay for what you use, and nothing else.
Do you need help with online marketing? If so, click here for more information on our products & services!